£10m target to save Scott's home
Executors of the estate of Dame Jean Maxwell-Scott, the National Trust and Faculty of Advocates, have drawn up a strategy to raise the funds.
Half the money would be used to improve facilities, with the rest put in an endowment fund to cover trading losses.
Abbotsford administrator Jacquie Wright said the loss of the house - where Scott wrote the Waverley novels - would hit the area hard.
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years