Smithsonian to collect hip-hop relics for exhibition
The National Museum of American History says it will start collecting items like vinyl records, turntables and boom boxes. They will be included in an exhibit called "Hip-Hop Won't Stop: the Beat, the Rhymes, the Life." The project is expected to cost as much as two (m) million dollars and take up to five years to complete.
A museum spokeswoman says hip-hop is "here to stay" and as much a part of American history as jazz.
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals