Bangladesh discovers ancient fort city
So far, a moat round the citadel has been uncovered along with parts of an ancient road at Wari, 85 km (53 miles) northeast of the capital Dhaka.
"The citadel and a raft of artifacts may help redefine history of India," said Sufi Mostafizur Rahman, head of the department of archaeology at Jahangirnagar University, near Dhaka.
"The well-planned road with even manholes proves that the citadel was managed by a very efficient administration," Mostafizur added.
comments powered by Disqus
stupify - 1/7/2004
so the fact that they got the oh so important birthday of an ignorant cunt wrong their arguements are obliterated?
congratulations, you've just convinced you are a complete dumbass \o/
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?