Website gives window into Northern Ireland war past
It will be launched in the autumn, and will feature objects, reminiscences and war images.
The site is aimed at teachers and pupils studying the effects of the Second World War in Northern Ireland.
In addition to providing photographs and recordings of veterans reminiscing about the war, it will include maps showing the locations of memorials, batteries, graveyards and airfields.
Briony Crozier of the museums council said: "Whilst there is a variety of websites out there on the Second World War, this will be the first focusing on Northern Ireland.
comments powered by Disqus
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is
- Georgetown U. Professor Compares Israel to ISIS
- It’s not 1939, says Deborah Lipstadt, but Jews have a right to be worried