Website gives window into Northern Ireland war past
The brainchild of the Northern Ireland Museums Council and the Nerve Centre in Londonderry, the site will feature World War II memorabilia which is held in Northern Ireland museums.
It will be launched in the autumn, and will feature objects, reminiscences and war images.
The site is aimed at teachers and pupils studying the effects of the Second World War in Northern Ireland.
In addition to providing photographs and recordings of veterans reminiscing about the war, it will include maps showing the locations of memorials, batteries, graveyards and airfields.
Briony Crozier of the museums council said: "Whilst there is a variety of websites out there on the Second World War, this will be the first focusing on Northern Ireland.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch