Fake Egyptian antiquities
A £1 MILLION Egyptian statue has been removed from Bolton museum after staff discovered it was fake.
The exhibit, known as the Amarna Princess, was bought for £440,000 two years ago by council bosses who claimed it was worth £1 million.
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police's Arts and Antiques unit have taken the statue off display and launched an investigation.
Other exhibits have also been removed from a London Museum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets