Two battlefields from Civil War under attack
The Washington-based Civil War Preservation Trust has placed two Kentucky sites -- in Cynthiana and Columbus -- on a list of the nation's 20 most endangered historic battlefields.
The Civil War Preservation Trust's recent report, "History Under Siege," states that remnants of battlefields in and around Cynthiana in Harrison County are endangered by development, and the battlefield at Columbus-Belmont State Park in Hickman County is at risk from the Mississippi River and from surface-water erosion of the river bluff on which it is situated.
comments powered by Disqus
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!