Gaming Board hears contrasting views on effects of a casino near Gettysburg
LeVan, president and CEO of the investment group behind the proposed Crossroads Gaming Resort and Spa, told the board his 3,000-machine slots casino would be the only Category Two casino easily accessible to Northern Maryland, northern Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Metro area markets.
Adams County Commissioner Lucy Lott countered that two current factors may adversely affect Crossroadsí revenue projections.
ìWith gas prices headed toward $3 per gallon, how many people will drive from Baltimore and northern Virginia, possibly bypassing (casinos) which Maryland is considering to keep money in Maryland,î she said.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians