British Faculty Union Gears Up for Showdown Over Proposed Academic Boycott of Israel
Members of the National Association of Teachers in Further and Higher Education, which refers to itself as Natfhe: the University and College Lecturers' Union, will be asked "to consider their own responsibility for ensuring equity and nondiscrimination in contacts with Israeli educational institutions or individuals, and to consider the appropriateness of a boycott of those that do not publicly dissociate themselves" from certain policies of the Israeli government. The motion refers to "continuing Israeli apartheid policies" such as "construction of the exclusion wall and discriminatory educational practices."
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals