UK ban of Israeli academics lifted
The boycott was also partially lifted because of a campaign against the move by academics in Israel, Britain and the United States.
Israeli academics, however, remain pessimistic.
The University and College Lecturers' Union (NATFHE) voted for a motion that urged its members to boycott Israeli academics who do not condemn Israel's "apartheid policies."
The Association of University Teachers, a larger union with whom NATFHE merged to form the University and College Union, threatened to cancel the merger if the boycott is not lifted.
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in