Religion to be included in school history in Australia
That would include a study of Aboriginal beliefs on the Dreamtime, a look at the division between Catholic and Protestant Australians, which affected the country for decades, and reading the Koran and learning about Islam, the Brisbane Courier-Mail reported.
"Religion has played a key role in many aspects of society including the legal system, many charitable organizations, the education sector, government and much more," Education Minister Julie Bishop said. "It would not be possible to explain fully the development of Australian society without including religion in the history curriculum."
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years