Religion to be included in school history in Australia
That would include a study of Aboriginal beliefs on the Dreamtime, a look at the division between Catholic and Protestant Australians, which affected the country for decades, and reading the Koran and learning about Islam, the Brisbane Courier-Mail reported.
"Religion has played a key role in many aspects of society including the legal system, many charitable organizations, the education sector, government and much more," Education Minister Julie Bishop said. "It would not be possible to explain fully the development of Australian society without including religion in the history curriculum."
comments powered by Disqus
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians