Rock And Roll History For Sale
Anyone who ever pretended to be Paul McCartney making the girls faint, or Dick Clark setting up the hits on "American Bandstand" or ushering in the years in Times Square, is in luck: their props are up for auction.
Clark is going to auction off years of memorabilia from "American Bandstand," "New Year's Rockin' Eve" and his other shows.
Among the items to be sold by Guernsey's is Clark's microphone that he used as host of "American Bandstand." Also up for sale is a bass guitar that Paul McCartney played when he was a Beatle.
The auction will be held December fifth and sixth at the Rose Theater at Jazz at Lincoln Center, in Manhattan's Time Warner Center.
There will be no reserve set for the items, so they will all be sold to the highest bidder.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch