British vicar bars Father Christmas from carol service
A British vicar banned a man dressed as Father Christmas from a carol service at his church, he said. Reverend Tim Storey said he told Henry Cuff, a member of volunteer group the Lions Club, to disrobe because he wanted to"reclaim the Christian story of the birth of Jesus Christ as being the heart of the celebration".
"I do not believe that Father Christmas should be part of church services any more than Santa's grotto should have a manger and a baby Jesus present," Storey said in a statement.
But Cuff labelled the move"political correctness gone mad."
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch