Pinochet grandson to be punished for funeral speech
The Chilean army will punish Augusto Pinochet's grandson for criticizing the judiciary at his grandfather's funeral, the army said in a statement on Wednesday.
Pinochet's grandson, also called Augusto, was roundly criticized for his
funeral speech on Tuesday, in which he praised Pinochet for overthrowing
the socialist government of Salvador Allende in 1973, and attacked
prosecutors who tried to bring the ex-dictator to trial for human rights
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets