Robert J. Cottrol: Retracts allegations he made against peer review process that approved publication of article by Bellesiles
During the October  symposium [at George Mason University] on Firearms Law and the Second Amendment I made statements concerning the peer review process at the Law and History Review with respect to the publication of an article by Michael Bellisiles. These statements were based on a misunderstood conversation between myself and one of the potential peer reviewers. I wish to state that I regret these statements and that I have confidence in the integrity of the peer review process for the Law and History Review as it was conducted by Dr. Christopher Tomlins, editor of the review at the time.
comments powered by Disqus
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation