Fox News to show 'Path to 9/11' outtakes, but doubts remain
The footage is scheduled to air Sunday as part of "Hannity's America," the Los Angeles Times reported. It depicts former National Security Adviser Samuel Berger refusing to approve a CIA request to attack Osama bib Laden, an episode that Berger and the Sept. 11 Commission both didn't happen.
The miniseries that aired on ABC in September retained the scene, but it was toned down following complaints from several sources, including top Democrats.
Fox News obtained the footage this month at a meeting of a local chapter of the World Affairs Council in Camarillo, Calif., at which Cyrus Nowrasteh, who wrote and produced "The Path to 9/11," was a speaker. Fox also plans to use video from the speech in Sunday's show, the newspaper said.
"This movie was a completely false piece of right-wing propaganda when it was on ABC," said Jay Carson, a spokesman for former President Bill Clinton, "and it will be exactly the same on Fox if they make the unfortunate choice to air it, though it should be right at home."
comments powered by Disqus
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- Beloit College is out with its annual list of what freshman know ... Tiny Tim? Carl Sagan? Forget about it.
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is