David Horowitz video slams "Islamic Mein Kampf"
“The curriculum, particularly in Middle East studies and women’s studies, is geared to painting a very negative picture of America and showing that there is some kind of justification for the attacks on us,” Mr. Horowitz said in an interview. “The academic left teaches that and preaches that.”
The campaign features a Web site with a chilling video, The Islamic Mein Kampf, that juxtaposes pictures and quotations from Hitler and Islamic militants. The site says it wants to “wake up Americans — and particularly American college students — to the threat we face.” The campaign also plans to place advertisements in student newspapers titled “What Americans Need to Know About Jihad.”
comments powered by Disqus
Craig Michael Loftin - 2/3/2007
Horowitz's video suggests that all Muslims are terrorists. It's the sort of propaganda (dig the music!)that tries hard to inspire "patriotic" Americans to immediately go out and burn any local mosque to the ground and spit in the face of any Muslim. Just what we need to solve this problem: more venom and hatred.
I was disappointed that the video did not explain how women's studies departments are responsible for terrorism and Islamic jihad. This seems a rather low smear even for Horowitz.
John Edward Philips - 2/3/2007
Teaching about Islam, including Islamism, is necessary if for no other reason than the need to understand one's enemy, the same reason there was such an explosion of Soviet Studies in the US during the Cold War, and of American studies in the USSR at the same time.
Horowitz will have none of that, though. Perhaps he should view "The Fog of War" and learn that the ability to understand the Soviets led to a happy outcome in the Cuban Missile Crisis, but the inability to do the same to the Vietnamese in the Vietnam War led to disaster.
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”