Winthrop D. Jordan: Celebration of his life planned at Ole Miss
Many of you have already heard that Winthrop D. Jordan passed away Sunday morning after a long illness. He was himself--wryly humble, thoughtful, and even funny right up until the end. There will be a"Celebration of his Life" on the campus of the University of Mississippi on Monday, March 5, at 7:00 p.m. Further details are available on the University Website (olemiss.edu).
In lieu of flowers, the family would prefer that you send donations to the Interfaith Compassionate Memories, 949 South Lamar, Oxford, MS 38566, or to a charity of your choice.
Department of History
University of Mississippi
Memorial set for historian
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!