Winthrop D. Jordan: Celebration of his life planned at Ole Miss
Many of you have already heard that Winthrop D. Jordan passed away Sunday morning after a long illness. He was himself--wryly humble, thoughtful, and even funny right up until the end. There will be a"Celebration of his Life" on the campus of the University of Mississippi on Monday, March 5, at 7:00 p.m. Further details are available on the University Website (olemiss.edu).
In lieu of flowers, the family would prefer that you send donations to the Interfaith Compassionate Memories, 949 South Lamar, Oxford, MS 38566, or to a charity of your choice.
Department of History
University of Mississippi
Memorial set for historian
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets