Free market champion Adam Smith on new currency note (UK)
The note includes a range of enhanced security measures designed to prevent counterfeiting, such as a wider holographic strip and microlettering.
The new image of Smith will mark the first time a Scotsman has appeared on a Bank of England note. [An image of Smith already appears on Scottish £50 notes.]
Current £20 notes, featuring English composer Edward Elgar, will be phased out over the coming months...
The Bank of England said introducing the new £20 note would be a major undertaking, as the denomination is by far the most common in circulation.
comments powered by Disqus
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting