Stephane Dudoignon: French historian detained in Iran since January
Iranian authorities detained a French academic [and historian of Islam] and have barred him from leaving the country since January, the French Foreign Ministry said Wednesday.
Stephane Dudoignon was arrested in the sensitive region of Sistan-Baluchestan, in southeastern Iran, on Jan. 30 after photographing a religious procession there, Foreign Ministry spokesman Denis Simonneau said....
Dudoignon, who is married to an Iranian woman, is living with his wife's family in Tehran, the French Le Monde daily reported Wednesday. He is not authorized to leave the city, Le Monde said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch