Purchased by US -- historic Badlands ranch where TR ran cattle
The deal, first announced in August, was completed April 25, the 60th anniversary of the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, said Valerie Naylor, the park superintendent. Federal Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns announced it in a statement Monday.
The 5,200-acre picturesque ranch in western North Dakota is across a river valley from Roosevelt's 218-acre Elkhorn Ranch site, where the former president lived in the late 1800s...
[As part of the Elkhorn viewshed, the property] becomes part of the Little Missouri Grasslands.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?