Purchased by US -- historic Badlands ranch where TR ran cattle
The deal, first announced in August, was completed April 25, the 60th anniversary of the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, said Valerie Naylor, the park superintendent. Federal Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns announced it in a statement Monday.
The 5,200-acre picturesque ranch in western North Dakota is across a river valley from Roosevelt's 218-acre Elkhorn Ranch site, where the former president lived in the late 1800s...
[As part of the Elkhorn viewshed, the property] becomes part of the Little Missouri Grasslands.
comments powered by Disqus
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'