Commentary & News
- Backstory: The Good Mother: A History of American Motherhood
Rebecca Jo Plant: The Politics of Mother's Day
Ruth Rosen: How to return Mother's Day to its original meaning
Miri Rubin: Why Mary Is the Mother We Celebrate the Rest of the Year
- Marilyn Gardner: Was It Easier Being a Mother in 1908?
- Mother's Day: It Was Established in Honor of Peace
- Rob MacDougall: The War Against Mothers Day
- Mother's Day: Who Invented It?
- Ruth Rosen: The Motherhood Manifesto
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Slaughter interviewed about his new book on the American Revolution
- Historian Michael Ignatieff writes a memoir explaining why he failed in politics
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization