Historic bowler hats making a comeback?
Spy picked up the trail at Lock & Co, the famous St James's hatters which has supplied the Palace for more than 300 years.
"Actually bowlers are pretty popular right now," says a spokesman."A lot of the fashion press are starting to feature them. For women it's a fashion statement; for men, like the princes on parade, it's a sign of respect."
He adds with a sigh:"Of course, no one's wearing a bowler to work in the City any more."
Photo: Princes in bowlers Brim full of English social history
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years