NEH budget probably to go up
NEH would receive an increase of $19 million over both its FY 2007 appropriation and the administration’s FY ‘08 request. NEH’s budget would go from the current $141 million to $160 million, and would also be in parity with the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), which would see a $35 million increase over last year’s number up to $160 million.
During the markup, House Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey (D-WI) heaped praise on the programs of the NEH and NEA stating that unless the arts and humanities are fully integrated into the U.S. educational system, from kindergarten through the undergraduate level, the nation’s workforce will have difficulty being competitive in the world marketplace.
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years