Agency Is Target in Cheney Fight on Secrecy Data
The Information Security Oversight Office, a unit of the National Archives, appealed the issue to the Justice Department, which has not yet ruled on the matter.
Representative Henry A. Waxman, Democrat of California and chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, disclosed Mr. Cheney’s effort to shut down the oversight office. Mr. Waxman, who has had a leading role in the stepped-up efforts by Democrats to investigate the Bush administration, outlined the matter in an eight-page letter sent Thursday to the vice president and posted, along with other documentation, on the committee’s Web site.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 6/27/2007
Well he does claim to be the fourth branch of gov't.Though in actuallity he is our shadow president,of both our shadow gov't and gov't letting Bush play at being a dictator. Cheney makes the decisions.
Kathryn Margaret Wilhelm - 6/22/2007
Cheney has a lot to hide. A LOT.
He's getting so fat rich off this war it goes beyond criminal.
If tried in front of a grand jury, he might get off of a mental health disorder. He's a sociopath.
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians