100 Years: Anniversary of Boy Scouts celebrated
Nick Lees and his family have created an image of the movement's founder Robert Baden-Powell in the corn.
The maze, which is open to the public, has been created in a field at Bickleigh, near Tiverton.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 7/18/2007
Lord Baden-Powell created the Boy Scouts in the UK as a secular organization to counter all of the church based ones.
The idea was then taken here and put under the aegis of 'god' and ruined. Bismurching his name and idea.
See Bellamy and the Pledge of Allegiance for another idea twisted to fit the USA mold. Narrow,religous and sectarian.
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”