100 Years: Anniversary of Boy Scouts celebrated
Nick Lees and his family have created an image of the movement's founder Robert Baden-Powell in the corn.
The maze, which is open to the public, has been created in a field at Bickleigh, near Tiverton.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 7/18/2007
Lord Baden-Powell created the Boy Scouts in the UK as a secular organization to counter all of the church based ones.
The idea was then taken here and put under the aegis of 'god' and ruined. Bismurching his name and idea.
See Bellamy and the Pledge of Allegiance for another idea twisted to fit the USA mold. Narrow,religous and sectarian.
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation