When the NYT archives online recirculate misinformation
People are coming forward at the rate of roughly one a day to complain that they are being embarrassed, are worried about losing or not getting jobs, or may be losing customers because of the sudden prominence of old news articles that contain errors or were never followed up.
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 8/31/2007
Not to worry, much of the material they print now is wrong, oudated and incomplete and it doesn't bother them much. Their archives aren't exactly gospel, not that the gospel is gospel, most readers shrug off the Times, today's crap will be fishwrap tomorrow. The old gray lady is in its last throes, an orgy of bile and bias against things American.
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years