Iran trying to use birthday of Imam Mahdi to rally support
In any society, religion and culture are essential components of national identity, each contributing to the society’s bedrock principles. Throughout Iranian history, Islamic faith and Persian culture have been intimately merged. Yet, successive leaders have tried to promote one or the other in a constant competition for the national soul, usually with the goal of buttressing their own authority. Each effort, however, has ultimately fallen short.
comments powered by Disqus
DeWayne Edward Benson - 8/31/2007
This article said from the New York Times (about President Mahoud Ahamdinejad) is pure fabrication typical of US-Media propaganda.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the President of Iran, however the religious clergy handle their religious affairs.
This is simply another fabrication such as this Iran President wanting "Israel wiped off the map." The President did not say anything of the sort, it is taken from a report by Iran media. It in fact was a quote by the President of former khomeini who said "the Zionist regime needed to end", as example mentioning the Saddam regime and Russian regime.
Treat (everything) you hear or read in Western Media or the US-Gov as pure propaganda (aka lies), as far from the truth as anyone can get, and you will be much better off.
- Theodore Van Kirk, 93, Enola Gay Navigator, Dies
- The beautiful, historic shrines that Islamists try to destroy
- East Germany's Blood Art: No Justice for Victims of Regime's Treasure Hunt
- President Warren Harding’s Love Letters Open to the Public
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy