Islamists Destroy Buddhist Statue
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Matthewson - 11/18/2007
With great regularity, religious groups in the US try to destroy the influence and landmarks and places of worship of their rivals. In face, it happens on a global scale; take a look at the conflicts between Christians and Muslims, Christians and Jews, Protestants and Christians. Indeed there is nothing new about this kind of behavior.
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening