Islamists Destroy Buddhist Statue
When the Taliban destroyed two Buddhist statues in Afghanistan in the spring of 2001, there was an international outcry. But similar incidents are now occurring in northwest Pakistan, where radical Islamists recently blew up a sculpture of Buddha in broad daylight.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Matthewson - 11/18/2007
With great regularity, religious groups in the US try to destroy the influence and landmarks and places of worship of their rivals. In face, it happens on a global scale; take a look at the conflicts between Christians and Muslims, Christians and Jews, Protestants and Christians. Indeed there is nothing new about this kind of behavior.
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."