C-SPAN running series on presidential libraries
Featuring film, sound and video clips that have not been aired yet during our programs - Eleanor Roosevelt speaking with troops in the Pacific, Kennedy family home movies, Gerald Ford Election eve program from Air Force One, and others. Also an interview with Sharon Fawcett, Asst. U.S. Archivist for Pres. Libraries.
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Garapic - 11/23/2007
Hello Erik Nelson---Eleanor widely used that joke when visiting Pacific troops. The private shouted "to hell with Hirohito. Up jumped a bunch of Japs, and they shouted "To hell with Roosevelt." and the sad private couldn't shoot a fellow Republican." Since there was wartime secrecy and lack of filming, she was able to use this joke over and over.
Excellent series on Presidential libraries, just thought I'd fill in this tid-bit of Eleanor info--
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch