German town names school after Nazi rocket expert
Bernstadt auf dem Eigen, on the eastern border with Poland, has dedicated a school to Klaus Riedel, who was instrumental in developing the mobile launch pads for Hitler's wonder weapon that killed some 2,700 civilians in England and injured an estimated 6,500 people.
The honour to Riedel is considered particularly sensitive as the school is in the state of Saxony, where Germany's far-right NPD party has scored well in recent elections.
comments powered by Disqus
Marc Savoy - 2/11/2008
These same town folks were probably dead-set against the British statue dedication to Sir Arthur Harris, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of RAF Bomber Command responsible for the firebombing of German cities in WWII.
In February 1945 Harris wrote "I do not personally regard the whole of the remaining cities of Germany as worth the bones of one British Grenadier. In his memoirs he writes "In spite of all that happened at Hamburg, bombing proved a relatively humane method".
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in