Fox News Falsely Claims That Weatherman Bill Ayers Was Obama's "Mentor"
You see, in Fox's telling, now Ayers is Obama's "mentor" and he and fellow Weather Underground member Bernadine Dohrn were "principals" on his first campaign for state senate. Also note how Batchelor slyly slips in the reference to September 11th, an obvious effort to connect the bombing by Obama's "mentor" to the terrorism that brought down the towers....
This has been looked into pretty exhaustively, and what's been reported thus far is that Obama met with Ayers and Dohrn in 1995; Obama served with Ayers on the board of an anti-poverty group; Ayers donated $200 to Obama's 2001 state senate campaign; and the two men are " friendly."
comments powered by Disqus
Alonzo Hamby - 3/1/2008
What is much more interesting about Ayers and Dohrn is the way in which criminality "in a good cause" has delivered a measure of wealth and respectability to both. Never mind the lives both blighted when they were ready to kill in order to achieve a just society.
No doubt they are delightful people.
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation