British hold a poll on whether the time has come to build a statue to Dickens
THIS is the world's only full-size statue of Charles Dickens. And it's on the other side of the Atlantic in Philadelphia.
The Americans, who loved Dickens, sent it to England as a tribute to the author - but it was returned to sender because of a "no memorials" clause in his will.
Do you think the time has come for a statue to be erected in Rochester in defiance of his last request?
Vote in our poll, below, and join the debate ~ in our SpeakOut >>>
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 3/16/2008
His will hasn't changed therefor "no" is required.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch