NBC features rare color video of RFK's last campaign
Today is the 40th anniversary of Robert F. Kennedy's assassination in Los Angeles.[Brian Williams reports.]
Photos taken after Robert F. Kennedy assassination released:
The Los Angeles Fire Department(LAFD) on Thursday released new photos taken moments after the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy, 40 years after the death of the former senator and younger brother of President John F. Kennedy.
Kennedy was shot to death in Los Angeles on June 5, 1968 during his presidential nominating campaign. He had just finished a speech at the Ambassador Hotel after winning the California primary when he was shot in a crowded passageway by assassin Sirhan Sirhan.
The newly released photos were taken by Harold Burba, a photographer of the LAFD who was in the Ambassador Hotel pantry after the shooting.
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets