NBC features rare color video of RFK's last campaign
Today is the 40th anniversary of Robert F. Kennedy's assassination in Los Angeles.[Brian Williams reports.]
Photos taken after Robert F. Kennedy assassination released:
The Los Angeles Fire Department(LAFD) on Thursday released new photos taken moments after the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy, 40 years after the death of the former senator and younger brother of President John F. Kennedy.
Kennedy was shot to death in Los Angeles on June 5, 1968 during his presidential nominating campaign. He had just finished a speech at the Ambassador Hotel after winning the California primary when he was shot in a crowded passageway by assassin Sirhan Sirhan.
The newly released photos were taken by Harold Burba, a photographer of the LAFD who was in the Ambassador Hotel pantry after the shooting.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch