Plea: Tell Congress to Save the NHPRC!
The National Coalition for History strongly opposes the President’s irresponsible recommendation and is requesting Congress to appropriate FY 2009 funding at the fully authorized level – $10 million for the NHPRC national grants program and an additional $2 million for staffing and related program administration.
In fiscal year 2008, Congress saved the NHPRC from elimination, and provided $7.5 million for grants, a $2 million increase from the previous fiscal year. However, the NHPRC has not received its fully authorized amount of $10 million in grant funding since FY 2004. In the following three fiscal years the NHPRC only received only half that amount, or approximately $5 million per-fiscal year for grants. Please go to the Humanities Advocacy Network and ask your House Member to support the fully authorized $10 million in grant funding and $2 million for administrative costs for the NHPRC. If your congressman or congresswoman is a member of the Financial Services and General Government Appropriations’ Subcommittee, the Cap Wiz system will recognize your zip code and send them a specially targeted message.
You may also call your Member of Congress through the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121. The markup is only 10 days away, so please act today!
comments powered by Disqus
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in