Turkey opens secret archives on 1915 events
Tuesday that Turkey opened to researchers its most secret archives regarding the incidents of 1915.
"Keeping record of history is not a business of politicians and/or parliaments. It should be a business of historians and scholars,"
Gul told the 11th International Congress on "Social and Economic History of Turkey" held at Ankara's Bilkent University.
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals