Bugliosi book accusing Bush of murder is a bestseller but ignored by the MSM
As an author, Mr. Bugliosi has written three No. 1 best sellers and won three Edgar Allan Poe awards, the top honor for crime writers. More than 30 years ago he co-wrote the best seller “Helter Skelter,” about the Manson case.
So Mr. Bugliosi could be forgiven for perhaps thinking that a new book would generate considerable interest, among reviewers and on the broadcast talk-show circuit.
But if he thought that, he would have been mistaken: his latest, a polemic with the provocative title “The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder,” has risen to best-seller status with nary a peep from the usual outlets that help sell books: cable television and book reviews in major daily newspapers.
Internet advertising has been abundant, but ABC Radio refused to accept an advertisement for the book during the Don Imus show, said Roger Cooper, the publisher of Vanguard Press, which put out the book.
comments powered by Disqus
Frank Cousins - 7/16/2008
Try him, then hang him. Make sure the conveniently ignorant press are all there to watch.
Patrick Murray - 7/10/2008
By this logic if the US is hit by a terrorist attack from 2009-2013 it won't be McCain's or Obama's fault it will be George W. Bush's fault.
That's just plain stupid.
John D. Beatty - 7/9/2008
Regardless of the validity of the charges, this title right now won't draw that much attention because...nothing will come of it. The media are too busy concentrating on the Olympics in the Worker's Paradise and on the upcoming Obamania march to the sea.
Bush will be gone in six months. It would take at least that long for the Congress to get off their behinds and do something about impeachment (which would have to happen before any such trial). The short-attention-span media aren't going to get interested in bringing down someone who will just step down anyway.
Michael Davis - 7/9/2008
This is really sweet. Maybe we can also charge Bill Clinton, Madeleine Halfbright, William Cohen and George Tenet for the murders of the 2900 people killed on 9/11. I mean, they failed to protect citizens and non-citizens from foreign nationals.
See where I'm going with this?
Move on out to the old folks home already, Bugliosi, you one-hit-wonder snapperhead.
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in