Ken Burns: PBS to air his national parks series next year
"The National Parks: America's Best Idea," is a 12-hour, six-part film that traces the origins and growth of the national parks system over 150 years. It was directed by documentary filmmaker Ken Burns, and will feature his trademark blend of archival photos, interviews and what PBS called"breathtaking images" of the national parks system.
Among the actors who lend their voices to historical figures in the series are Tom Hanks, Andy Garcia and John Lithgo. The narrator is actor Peter Coyote.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fareed Zakaria Appears to Have Plagiarized Entire Paragraphs in One of His Books
- Medal of Honor for a Civil War Hero 150 Years in the Grave
- Ferguson Images Evoke Civil Rights Era and Changing Visual Perceptions
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Is this the way to teach history? Mark Carnes thinks so.
- A Map To The Roots Of Ferguson's Civic Unrest
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”