Ken Burns: PBS to air his national parks series next year
"The National Parks: America's Best Idea," is a 12-hour, six-part film that traces the origins and growth of the national parks system over 150 years. It was directed by documentary filmmaker Ken Burns, and will feature his trademark blend of archival photos, interviews and what PBS called"breathtaking images" of the national parks system.
Among the actors who lend their voices to historical figures in the series are Tom Hanks, Andy Garcia and John Lithgo. The narrator is actor Peter Coyote.
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals