Papal apologies have been few in church's history; some examples from
Pope Benedict XVI
_ July 19, 2008: Said he was"deeply sorry for the pain and suffering" of victims of child sex abuse by clergy in Australia.
_ April, 2008: Said he was"deeply ashamed" of the child sex abuse scandal in the church and that the issue had sometimes been"very badly handled" by church officials.
_ September, 2006: Said he was"deeply sorry" for remarks in a speech that linked Islam with violence, triggering outrage in the Muslim world.
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in