Papal apologies have been few in church's history; some examples from
Pope Benedict XVI
_ July 19, 2008: Said he was"deeply sorry for the pain and suffering" of victims of child sex abuse by clergy in Australia.
_ April, 2008: Said he was"deeply ashamed" of the child sex abuse scandal in the church and that the issue had sometimes been"very badly handled" by church officials.
_ September, 2006: Said he was"deeply sorry" for remarks in a speech that linked Islam with violence, triggering outrage in the Muslim world.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I