Remove boulder from Kentucky River? Go to jail.
Steven Shaffer of Ironton, Ohio, has been in contact with authorities in Kentucky and indicated he will appear for his arraignment in Greenup Circuit Court, said Commonwealth's Attorney Cliff Duvall.
He faces a charge of removing an object of antiquity, a Class D felony that carries a penalty of one to five years in prison.
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- History wars are raging in East Asia
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?