Remove boulder from Kentucky River? Go to jail.
An Ohio historian is expected to turn himself in to authorities Thursday on charges that he illegally removed an 8-ton boulder from the Kentucky side of the Ohio River.
Steven Shaffer of Ironton, Ohio, has been in contact with authorities in Kentucky and indicated he will appear for his arraignment in Greenup Circuit Court, said Commonwealth's Attorney Cliff Duvall.
He faces a charge of removing an object of antiquity, a Class D felony
that carries a penalty of one to five years in prison.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."