Remove boulder from Kentucky River? Go to jail.
An Ohio historian is expected to turn himself in to authorities Thursday on charges that he illegally removed an 8-ton boulder from the Kentucky side of the Ohio River.
Steven Shaffer of Ironton, Ohio, has been in contact with authorities in Kentucky and indicated he will appear for his arraignment in Greenup Circuit Court, said Commonwealth's Attorney Cliff Duvall.
He faces a charge of removing an object of antiquity, a Class D felony
that carries a penalty of one to five years in prison.
comments powered by Disqus
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past