Obama the presumptuous?
As he marches toward Inauguration Day (Election Day is but a milestone on that path), Obama's biggest challenger may not be Republican John McCain but rather his own hubris.
Some say the supremely confident Obama -- nearly 100 days from the election, he pronounces that "the odds of us winning are very good" -- has become a president-in-waiting. But in truth, he doesn't need to wait: He has already amassed the trappings of the office, without those pesky decisions.
Leonard Steinhorn: Obama the presumptuous?
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 8/1/2008
Curious how Obama is noticed but not McCain who does his fair share of posturing as president before the fact. Let's at least show what the reality is---they both do it.
James Draper - 7/30/2008
All hail Obama the great! Have they started posting positions for his presidential library yet?
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch