Mexico claims artifacts held in Germany
Archaeological experts have examined photographs of artifacts linked to Costa Rican collector Leonardo Augustus Patterson. They say about half the collection of masks, jewelry and statues seized in April are genuine pre-Hispanic artifacts.
Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History said Tuesday that the pieces were illegally excavated in Mexico and asked they be returned.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I