Musharraf's turbulent 9 years in power
Although Musharraf's decision to side with Washington after the Sept. 11 attacks helped rescue Pakistan from the status of a pariah nation, it was followed by an explosion in Islamic militancy at home. Combined with his fumbled efforts to stay in power as democracy returned to Pakistan, he leaves the presidency reviled by many of his countrymen.
His demise was as tortured as his arrival was swift.
comments powered by Disqus
- Neanderthals Died Out 10,000 Years Earlier Than Thought, With Help From Modern Humans
- The Millennials Are Generation Nice
- Lost in Translation: Germany’s Fascination With the American Old West
- Secrets Of Iceberg That Sank The Titanic Revealed In New Study
- Former Nixon Counsel John Dean: Right-Wing Media Impeachment Calls, Watergate Comparisons "Absolutely Silliness"