Slave trade monuments protected (UK)
John Newton's tomb at Olney, near Milton Keynes, is one of four to be newly awarded Grade II listing.
Another 21 are having their listing changed or upgraded to mark the International day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition.
The government said they should be preserved for future generations.
comments powered by Disqus
- Neanderthals Died Out 10,000 Years Earlier Than Thought, With Help From Modern Humans
- The Millennials Are Generation Nice
- Lost in Translation: Germany’s Fascination With the American Old West
- Secrets Of Iceberg That Sank The Titanic Revealed In New Study
- Former Nixon Counsel John Dean: Right-Wing Media Impeachment Calls, Watergate Comparisons "Absolutely Silliness"