Release Rosenberg spy case transcripts
A federal judge has ordered key secret grand jury testimony released in the atomic spy trial of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.
Judge Alvin Hellerstein ruled Tuesday regarding the testimony of several witnesses whose sealed testimony was taken in 1950 and 1951.
He cited the needs of historians.
Federal prosecutors had already agreed to release the records of 35 of
the 45 witnesses. Hellerstein's rulings mean testimony from all but
three witnesses can be public.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse