East German leaders used frozen carcasses to inflate shooting party tallies
Details of how the state's former leader, Erich Honecker, cheated at shooting parties have been revealed out as a unique collection of guns owned by him and other top party officials has come up for sale.
The 31 rifles, shotguns and pistols which once belonged to Honecker and other Communist officials, including the hated Stasi secret police chief Erich Mielke, are expected to fetch more than their estimated half million euros (£400,000) value at auction next month.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians