Versailles goes kitsch as Jeff Koons's giant Lobster moves into the palace
Some 17 oeuvres have been hand-picked by the 53-year old"king of kitsch" to hang in the 17th century chateau and home to the French monarchy until the Revolution.
Among those on display in the Grand Apartment, the Hall of Mirrors and other historic rooms is the nine-foot stainless steel red Hanging Heart, which fetched $23.6 million (£12 million) last year, making Mr Koons the most expensive living artist.
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals