Remains of 600 American Indians are back in W.Va.
The remains, stored in about 150 boxes, were shipped from Ohio State University to the Grave Creek Mound Archaeological Complex Research Facility in Moundsville last week.
Now, the goal is to rebury the remains in Putnam County - out of what advocates say is respect for the dead and Indian spirituality.
The skeletal remains were unearthed in 1963 in Buffalo less than a mile from the present-day Toyota plant. American Electric Power currently owns the land.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians