Remains of 600 American Indians are back in W.Va.
The remains, stored in about 150 boxes, were shipped from Ohio State University to the Grave Creek Mound Archaeological Complex Research Facility in Moundsville last week.
Now, the goal is to rebury the remains in Putnam County - out of what advocates say is respect for the dead and Indian spirituality.
The skeletal remains were unearthed in 1963 in Buffalo less than a mile from the present-day Toyota plant. American Electric Power currently owns the land.
comments powered by Disqus
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!