Getting to know Lincoln: New biographies mark bicentennial
Even though the Lincoln landscape already is populated with many books, several authors have found new ground to cover ahead of the 200th anniversary of his birth in February.
Here are some highlights:
Lincoln: The Biography of a Writer. Fred Kaplan.
Abraham Lincoln as Commander-in-Chief. James M. McPherson.
New Perspectives on Lincoln and His World. Edited by Eric Foner.
comments powered by Disqus
Donald Wolberg - 10/17/2008
Also born February 12, 1809 was another man who also acheived world fame and forever changed the way we think about the world, Charles Darwin. One suspects that more books have been written about these men, and resulting from their work, directly or indirectly than any other human beings ever.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch