Getting to know Lincoln: New biographies mark bicentennial
Here are some highlights:
Lincoln: The Biography of a Writer. Fred Kaplan.
Abraham Lincoln as Commander-in-Chief. James M. McPherson.
New Perspectives on Lincoln and His World. Edited by Eric Foner.
comments powered by Disqus
Donald Wolberg - 10/17/2008
Also born February 12, 1809 was another man who also acheived world fame and forever changed the way we think about the world, Charles Darwin. One suspects that more books have been written about these men, and resulting from their work, directly or indirectly than any other human beings ever.
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left