Getting to know Lincoln: New biographies mark bicentennial
Here are some highlights:
Lincoln: The Biography of a Writer. Fred Kaplan.
Abraham Lincoln as Commander-in-Chief. James M. McPherson.
New Perspectives on Lincoln and His World. Edited by Eric Foner.
comments powered by Disqus
Donald Wolberg - 10/17/2008
Also born February 12, 1809 was another man who also acheived world fame and forever changed the way we think about the world, Charles Darwin. One suspects that more books have been written about these men, and resulting from their work, directly or indirectly than any other human beings ever.
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years