Getting to know Lincoln: New biographies mark bicentennial
Here are some highlights:
Lincoln: The Biography of a Writer. Fred Kaplan.
Abraham Lincoln as Commander-in-Chief. James M. McPherson.
New Perspectives on Lincoln and His World. Edited by Eric Foner.
comments powered by Disqus
Donald Wolberg - 10/17/2008
Also born February 12, 1809 was another man who also acheived world fame and forever changed the way we think about the world, Charles Darwin. One suspects that more books have been written about these men, and resulting from their work, directly or indirectly than any other human beings ever.
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I