Bishop compares election to historic battle between Muslims and Christians
‘Our Catholic moral principles teach that a candidate’s promise of economic prosperity is insufficient to justify their constant support of abortion laws, including partial-birth abortion, and infanticide for born-alive infants,’ Bishop Finn noted. ‘Promotion of the Freedom of Choice Act is a pledge to eliminate every single limit on abortions achieved over the last thirty-five years … I ask you to join me in invoking the Guardian Angels of 47 million babies lost through abortion in our country in the last thirty-five years. This horrendous loss of life remains one of the greatest threats to human civilization we have ever faced.’
comments powered by Disqus
Lorraine Paul - 11/5/2008
Is this self-styled 'defender of the unborn' also asking in his prayers for an end to war, poverty and genocide around the world.
After all, remembering Gore Vidal's wonderful book published during the Vietnam War, one of the women killed/murdered/raped may have been carrying a foetus!!
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I