HNN Hot Topics: Barack Obama Is Like ... ?
- George W. Bush Is Like ... ?
- Election 2008: General
- Barack Obama
- John McCain
- Sarah Palin
- Obama and Race
- Election 2008: Primaries
- Gender and 2008 Election
- Iowa Caucuses
- Historians & 2008
- HNN Poll: What Does New Hampshire Tell Us?
- HNN Poll: President Huckabee? President Obama? What does Iowa tell us?
- HNN Poll: Should There be a History Debate for Presidential Candidates?
- HNN Guide: Who Should Be the Next Commander-in-Chief? Moral Leader-in-Chief? Educator-in-Chief? Statesman-in-Chief? Politician-in-Chief?
Commentary & News
NYT: Obama compared to Robert Mugabe?
Christopher Beam: He's Lincoln! No, He's FDR! No, He's Polk!
Phillip Payne: Warren Harding, George W. Bush and Barack Obama. Whaat?
Walter Moss: Obama, Sandburg and Lincoln
George Pitcher: Barack Obama's faith, like Lincoln's, is uncertain
Paul Beatty: How Obama is like Jackie Robinson, (early) Al Pacino, and the Fonz, or: Why Geraldine Ferraro is so wrong.
Manisha Sinha: Will Obama be FDR to McCain’s Hoover?
CNN: Can Lincoln's playbook help Obama in the years ahead?
Harold Holzer: Why President-Elect Obama Should Follow the Example of President-Elect Lincoln
Oliver Stone: I genuinely hope that Obama can be the heir to John F Kennedy
Tim Reid: Barack Obama will follow Lincoln's lead in choosing bipartisan Cabinet
Lee Siegel: Obama's literary and political inspiration, the career of Abraham Lincoln, has a double edge
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."